I Just Spit Out Bacon Has Moved!

I Just Spit Out Bacon has moved!
You will be automatically redirected to ijustspitoutbacon.com in 5 seconds!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Who spits out bacon?

This is the thought that immediately enters my head as I spit out bacon onto a napkin.  I'm at the Hollywood Bowl about to take in a screening of Planet Earth with the LA Philharmonic providing the soundtrack.  Jordan and I are newly converted vegetarians, not even meat free for a month.

The Hollywood Bowl is this amazing concert venue smack dab in the middle of chaotic LA.  Its a beautiful outdoor space that is home to the LA Philarmonic during the summer months, in addition to hosting other concerts and shows.  Tickets are surprisingly cheap, and to top it off, for most shows you can bring your own food/wine/beer.  As a foodie, planning, cooking, and eating the picnic are my favorite parts of going to the bowl.

So in preparing for the concert I started to plan a menu, this time was just going to be Jordan and myself so I wasn't planning on going too over the top.  As a result, I didn't get around to making one side and figured I would just pick up some pre-made potato salad at Whole Foods.

We arrive about 30 minutes early to eat and have a beer or two before the show started.  As I start to take out the food, Jordan immediately dives into the potato salad.  About a half a beer later,  Jordan turns to me and asks if the potato salad had bacon in it.  I scoffed and told him that it was labeled "american" potato salad, and explained that german potato salad has bacon in it, not American. Cautiously I tried the potato salad and, sure enough, it was bacon.  As I was spitting out the bacon I laughed, thinking that one year ago the idea of spitting out bacon would never have crossed my mind. 

I also thought how it might be a funny title for a blog.  Now, almost a year later, I'm finally starting one up.  I wondered if it would be too much to write a vegetarian blog that had bacon in the title, and finally decided to go balls to the wall and also include a picture of bacon as the blog header.  It seemed more my style then a picture of a bunch of vegetables.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with it already. I can just hear your wit and humor.

    ReplyDelete